cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

This session provides an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches and FabricPath technology.

Cisco Fabricpath technology on the Nexus 7000 switches introduces new capabilities and design options that allow network operators to create Ethernet fabrics that maximize bandwidth availability, provide design flexibility, and simplify and cost-reduce network and application deployment and operation. Fabricpath leverages many of the best characteristics of traditional Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, combining them into a new control-plane and data-plane implementation that combines the plug-and-play deployment model of a bridge Spanning Tree environment with the stability, re-convergence characteristics, and ability to leverage multiple parallel paths typical of a Layer 3 routed environment. The result is a scalable, flexible, and highly-available Ethernet fabric suitable for the most demanding Data Center environments.

Ask questions from Monday, March 7 to March 18, 2016

Featured Experts

Chandan Sarkar is a customer support engineer in High-Touch Technical Services (HTTS). He has over 9 years of experience in the industry working with large enterprises and telecom networks. His areas of expertise include Cisco Catalyst 2000, 3000, 4000, 6500, and Cisco Nexus 7000,Nexus 5000, Nexus 3000, Nexus 2000, UCS, and MDS SAN Switches. Sarkar holds several certifications including CCNP, VPC and other expert level certifications from Citrix, Extreme Networks, Nortel ERS, and Infoblox. He is currently working to obtain a CCIE in Data Center. He graduated with a MS degree on Systems Engineerin from Birla Institute Technology Science (BITS Pilani)

Suresh  Vs is a Customer Support Engineer in High-Touch Technical Services (HTTS) at Cisco Bangalore, India. He has over 11 years of industry experience working with large Enterprise and Service Provider networks. He has been working with HTTS from past 4 years and supporting LAN Switching and Data center Products. His areas of expertise include Cisco Catalyst 2000, 3000, 4000, 6500 and Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches. Suresh holds a Bachelor's of Sciences in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Madras University. He has these certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Data Center (# 46658).

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

** Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

3 Comments
Ejiroro oki
Level 1
Level 1

Please I have a cisco nexus 9396tx, on booting up, gives the following error but the unit is okay,what could be wrong,I have been on google but no luck.

CISCO SWITCH Ver7.34
Device detected on 0:6:0 after 0 msecs
Device detected on 0:1:1 after 0 msecs
Device detected on 0:1:0 after 0 msecs
MCFrequency 1333Mhz
Relocated to memory
Time: 8/2/2016 15:2:54
Detected CISCO IOFPGA
NorthStar/Alpine Present
MP Card Present
Code Signing Results: 0x0
Using Upgrade FPGA
Checking and setting PSU fan directions
PMB RD: Nack error
PMB RD: Nack erro

the ios version and bios are :

Software
BIOS: version 07.34
NXOS: version 7.0(3)I2(2d)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kaycee

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Hello,

Please post this question in the LAN Switching and Routing community to get a faster response.

Kind Regards,

Monica Lluis

bahmanjafari
Level 1
Level 1

there are 2 Nexus7K(2 as vPC+) as well 2 Nexus5K(2 as vPC+) . These  switches be connected via fabricpath.i'  ( see attached file ) 

and i'm running ospf on vlan 200 and vlan 200 mode is fabricpath 

use " layer3 peer-router " on VPC+ in pair 7k and run ospf on all device ( asr and fw and 7k ) 

q 1 : in this design there is no spine ( 5k connect to server and 7k connect to asr and fw ) Is this design valid? 

q 2 :  I could not found any information about running layer3 dynamic routing ( such as ospf ) on vpc+ ? in this case, does ospf work fine in all devices ? and does redundancy work as well ? for example if one 7k fails, does network still work fine ?

bests

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: