Data Center Switches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hello Everyone,Th Lady Luck got angry with me and I (Firewall Engineer) has been assigned to Upgrade a Critical Cisco Nexus 1000V Cluster with latest 4.2(1)SV1(4)Here are my Setup Details:-Current VSM:-Software  loader:    version 1.2(2) [last: image...

k.shandil by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am looking for answer how such a configuration would work: pair of VSM and pair of vCenter servers with HA over L3. According to vmware the redundancy is on the DNS level - hostname of the secondary vCenter server remains the same, but IP addres...

robertas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have setup the management interface with an ip address on 1000v. From a external machine i can ping the 1000v management IP but 1000v cannot ping any external devices. 1000v can only ping the ESX server IP!!!

Hi All,I am currently running version Nexus 1000V Version 4.2.1.SV1(4) on our site & had 4 hosts connected correctly & licensed. for some reason yesterday one of the hosts "dropped" off from the nexus 1000v. when we check the networking screen on the...

We have two 1000v VSMs on a Nexus 1010.  Each VSM is intended to manage a different network domain.  (as an example) vsm-1 is for the 192.168.100.0 and vsm-2 is for 192.168.200.0.  Each network domain is on its own fabric and each ESXi host has physi...

jhunt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On August 31, 2010 there was a DRAFT on Cisco Nexus 1000V LISP Configuration Guide, Release 4.2(1) SV1(4) "Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) allows mobility of VMs across Layer 3 boundaries" Will LISP be implemented into Cisco Nexus 1000V to allo...

Hi all,Is there a limitation on 1.4.1 version of 1000v .... I've created a user with a role of network-admin but it doesn't have any of the Admin permission, ie cant run sho mod, can modify the any of the svs configs ...... is there something that I ...

Hi,In order to secure my vmotion network, I need to hide the vmware port-profile in the drop down list in the vm nic properties, is this something feasible with nexus 1000v ? if so, what command line does the trick ?I went through all Cisco documents...

omahrez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VEM server esx03 was added before VEM server esx01 to the VSM and therefore acquired Module 3.  Is there any way to mode the server attached to module 3 to module 5, so I can add server 1 to take module 3.Mod  Server-IP        Server-UUID            ...

rgolmon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes