Views
Helpful
Replies

Change interface speed and duplex in Nexus 1000v

heri.sugianto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I had problem in change speed and duplex setting on nexus 1000.By default, my N1K interface speed is 10 and duplex half. I had tried to change the speed and duplex manually, but when I do "show interface status" the speed and duplex still 10/half.

I tried all possibility, changing the speed first then the duplex or change the duplex first than the speed, but the result is still the same. I need this speed and duplex to 1000/full in order to support vmotion.

Could any one help me on this one ?

Br,

Heri

5 Replies 5

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Heri,

What infrastructure are you running this Nexus100v setup on, is this on HP blades with HPVC?

If so we have a known issue and this is just a cosmetic bug.

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

yes, we are using HP Blade with HP Virtual Connect infrastructure.

if it's just cosmetic, why the vmotion process is still fail ?

you could see the error message on attached file.

Thanks for your help

Br,

Heri

Hi Heri,

Just want to check one more thing. Are these interfaces configured with custom speed of 2 GB or 4 GB on the HP side? We genreally see this symptom with these custom interface speeds.

Also are you able to ping the vmotion interfaces to check for the connectivity? The second image does show the warning for the speed and duplex.

Can you get the output of the following from the ESX host CLI: 'esxcfg-nics -l'

Did the vmotion with this interface on the vSwitch worked?

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

In HVC, the flexNIC config is as you said, using 4 GB.

After review vmware configration, at last I found that vmotion is fail because the vm that want to be vmotion is not in external storage. after I moved the vm to external storage, vmotion is success.

many thanks for you help

Br,

Heri

Hi Heri,

Good to know things are working fine for you now!

Here is the bug number for your refrence though..CSCta63359

./Abhinav