Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 7706/Sup2 -gtp-teid load balance on F3 card

startx001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,
I have  Nexus 7706 chassis with N77-F348XP-23 cards.
I can not find if it is Load Balancing Using Port Channels method with gtp-teid supported on F3 cards.
i only found this guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/b-Cisco-Nexus-7000-Series-NX-OS-Interfaces-Configuration-Guide-Book/configuring-port-channels.html

but there is mention NX-OS version 7.3 , and im using version 8.3(1) 

IS there any documents where is stated that gtp-teid load balance method is supported on F3 cards with 8.3(1) version ?

Regards,

VZ

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi VZ,

The gtp-teid keyword is not supported on Nexus 7000 or Nexus 7700 F3-series modules. This is stated by the "Configuring Port Channels" chapter of the Nexus 7000 Series Interfaces Configuration Guide for NX-OS 8.X Releases, which reads "The gtp-teid keyword is supported only on M3 modules and does not affect the behavior of the other modules." If utilizing the gtp-teid keyword within a port-channel is a requirement for you, you will need to ensure the port-channel members reside on an M3-series module.

I hope this helps!

-Chris

Hi  Christopher,

In 7706 chassis can co-exist lince cards from both series F3 and M3 ?

KR

VZ

Hi VZ,

According to the Cisco Nexus 7000 I/O Module Comparison Matrix, N77 F3-series modules are interoperable with N77 M3-series modules (meaning, interfaces from both an F3-series module and an M3-series module can be allocated to the same VDC). The matrix also indicates that both modules are capable of being seated in the N77-C7706 chassis. 

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Chris