cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco nexus license recovery

gustavo_g.soria
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, I share with you that I have a cisco nexus 7010 whose license file was accidentally deleted. This nexus currently does not have a current contract. So my question is if it is possible to recover it by generating a case with the cisco TAC.

2 Replies 2

sp2720401
Level 1
Level 1

You can go to https://software.cisco.com/software/swift/lrp/

You may be able to register your serial number in the portal even if you don't have a support contract. If the serial number is associated with a valid license and that device is not already associated with a different contract/account it will be successfully added to your portal.

From there you can download the files.

The Cisco NX-OS checkpoint feature provides the capability to capture at any time a snapshot (backup) of the Cisco Nexus configuration before making any changes. The captured configuration (checkpoint) can then be used to roll back and restore the original configuration.

The NX-OS checkpoint and rollback feature is extremely useful, and a life saver in some cases, when a new configuration change to a production system has caused unwanted effects or was incorrectly made/planned and we need to immediately return to an original/stable configuration.

Prepaid Gift Balance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: