cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between Cisco Nexus 7K and Brocade VDX6740

datamodule
Level 1
Level 1

I need to interconnect connect Cisco nexus 7k and Brocade VDX6740 switches and i have the following questions

1) Which is the easy way of connecting between these switches L2 or L3 connections?

2) If i use L3 connection between them, can i use static routes to point the routes in to that link with in the switch?

3)What are the best SFP+ 10G multi mode modules for cisco nexus 7k switch to support brocade switch?

Thanks for your help

1 Reply 1

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
Please see mt responses inline :

1) Which is the easy way of connecting between these switches L2 or L3 connections?
Depends on your requirements, like if you are using the Brocade as access and Nexus 7K as core, I will do a L2 connection between them

2) If i use L3 connection between them, can i use static routes to point the routes in to that link with in the switch?
Yes static route is one of the option

3)What are the best SFP+ 10G multi mode modules for cisco nexus 7k switch to support brocade switch?

SFP-10G-SR
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: