Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM VXLAN fanric VLAN ranges

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

The following screen in the VXLAN fabric deployment has me a little confused. Its the VLAN ranges that I cant quite figure out.

VLAN-ranges.jpg

Subinterface 802.1q range is fine that's for VRF-Lite to the outside world so just needs matching with what you can use on the non fabric switch you are connecting to

It's the "Network VLAN range" and "VRF VLAN range" that's confusing me. Are these fabric internal only ? Can they overlap with the traditional VLAN ID we might need to set an access port on the fabric to?

What I am getting at here is that once the fabric is up and tested we will need to migrate a whole host of VMs and bare metal stuff to it. The customer does not want to re IP or change the vSwicth config on the VMware stuff so the VLANs for the trunks to the ESXi servers will need to remain as they are in the current legacy DC.

So do I need to find some VLAN ranges they currently aren't using in the legacy DC for "Network VLAN range" and "VRF VLAN range" or are these fabric internal and I can stop worrying about them?

Thanks

0 Replies 0