cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Cisco Nexus 3064X vs 3064PQ?

tomstephens89
Level 1
Level 1

I am specifying some refurbished hardware for use in a test lab but am struggling to find the difference between the Nexus 3064PQ and 3064X.

Looking for the 3064 which has 48 x 10Gbe SFP ports and 4 x QSFP+ slots able to run in 4x10 or single 40gbe mode. Dual AC power supplies and the reversible direction fan tray.

Can anyone help clarify this part numbering please?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is part number to add.

N3K-C3064PQ-10GX

Nexus 3064-X, 48 SFP+ and 4 QSFP+ ports, with enhanced scale, low latency

Other modules and bundles can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-3000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-651097.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply. So am I correct in thinking that N3K-C3064PQ-10GX is basically the top configuration for the 3064X and comes standard with the base license, which may be upgraded to the enterprise license if I need the extra software features?

Yes correct, when you creating Bill of Materiel (BoM), you need add based on the requirement.

BB

Ok thanks very much.

The 3064PQ-10GX is what I need then.

Theres another question here.

Why on ebay am I seeing 3064PQ-10GE AND 3064PQ-10GX?

Whats the difference between the 10GE and 10GX? Or is 10GE a misspelling by the sellers?

Do not go with Ebay what seller selling to you, Go with official Cisco document, is that part number match your requirement ?

For these kind of equipment always suggest to buy from valid partner for support.

Cisco Official part number information from the past post :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-3000-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-651097.html

BB

I know that, I purchase through multiple reputable IT recycling vendors.

I was simply wondering what the 10GE version is, or is that not even correct and just a typo?