Views
Helpful
Replies

Effect of Removing the physical interface from port-channel on qos policy

mnematul
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N7k device , F3 card.

I have 3 ports in port-channel. The moment i remove any physical ports from port-channel , using No channel-group cli  , qos policy applied on port-channel not working. Could anyone help me with the expected behavior. 

What i found is :

"To ensure accurate hardware programming on Cisco M1 Series modules, when you add a physical interface to a port-channel, which already has a queuing policy applied, you must remove the queuing policy and reapply. Without this reapplication, queuing policy will not be correctly applied on all the interfaces. Otherwise, you must ensure that the queuing policy is applied on the port-channel interface only after all the physical ports are bundled into the port-channel."

Link : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/qos/configuration/guide/b-Cisco-Nexus-7000-Series-NX-OS-QOS-Configuration-Guide/b-Cisco-Nexus-7000-Series-NX-OS-QOS-Configuration-Guide-6x_chapter_01000.html#reference_AC0CCAEDB42F470...

But above quoted statement is for M1 series card and for queuing policy , in my case it is qos policy on f3 card.

0 Replies 0