Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when managing physical Adapters

vpert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we get the error message "A specified parameter was not correct, spec.connectionCookie" when we try to add or remove a physical adapter from the port groups.

Any idea what goes wrong.

Tom

6 Replies 6

pfazzone
Level 1
Level 1

Tom,

I am asking our engineering team to take a look and reply to your question.  I am not finding an answer in our troubleshooting guide.

Thanks,

pf

chelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when adding multiple physical interfaces after each other, please make sure that the task for the first interface completes in vCenter before starting the second one. There is a bug in vCenter which prevents the concurrent operation on adding physical interfaces.

The same applies if these interfaces are accross multiple hosts. So when adding multiple hosts, you also have to wait until the first one is successfully added.

Could this be the problem?

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi,

Got a response from vmware regarding the error.

"vSphere Client is  specifying spec.connectionCookie which does not match with one in the port. In  the future release vCenter will ignore this value and not throw any  exception."

thanks,

Roshan

So How do I fix it now?  I need to Remove a Host From the DVS but I can't do it if I can't remove the Nic...

Hi Samuel,
Can you connect the VI Client directly to the Host, and  remove the nic?
It seems to work according to this thread on  vmware.
thanks,
Roshan

Sam,

You can remove a NIC forcefully from the command line of the host.

1. First list the DV ports in use:

esxcfg-vswitch -l | more

2.  Find the vmnic & associated DVPort ID for that vmnic.

3. You can then remove it by (assuming you want to remove "vmnic1" with DVPort ID "100"):

esxcfg-vswitch -Q vmnic1 -V 100 <DVS Switch Name>

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: