Views
Helpful
Replies

Host no link on N2348UPQ

Felipe A. Amaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing a weird situation with a thin client (HP) T630 that does not connect to a FEX N2K-2348UPQ, these clients have fiber(1gig) NIC cards. HP has a similar model T620 which connects without any issues. These connections work fine in our old environment an old C4500 switch with old Sup cards.

If I plug the T630 into a Nexus 93180YC-EX it gets a link light. Just to let you know that all cabling, SFP's MM have been changed, speeds have been set on the interfaces. logs show the following on in the interface

Next state: [ETH_PORT_FSM_ST_LINK_INIT]

Thank you in advance,

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NICs appear to be similar except the 620 lists 100Mb , while the 630 lists a couple of options (Fiber optic adapter option: Allied Telesis AT-29M2/SC or AT-29M2/LC fiber Gigabit network interface)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05240287#AbT8

Fiber optic adapter option: Allied Telesis AT-27M2/SC Fiber Fast Ethernet network interface

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-t620-flexible-thin-client/5404706/document/c04017240#AbT4

Allied Telesis AT-27MINI Fast Ethernet Fiber PCI Express MINI Network Interface Card

Which Fiber NIC are you using in your 630's?

Also please issue #show int eth x/x/x transceiver  details  from the parent switch for the connected ports connected to 630 models

If you are getting link light connections, you may need to check your OS level NIC driver and NIC driver settings as this may not be a switch port issue, but driver related.

Kirk...

Please mark correctly answered posts as Solved and Helpful, so others searching for same issue can more easily find the solution.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the detailed response, the transceiver information is as follows:
Using type is 1000base-sx
Part number is FTLF8519P3BNL-CS
Name Cisco
Revision A
Serial #
Nominal bitrate is 1300 Mbit/sec
Cisco id is 3
Cisco extended id number is 4

I am checking on the TC fiber NIC and will post it a bit later.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: