cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view the vpc peer's member port status?

yangui319
Level 1
Level 1

I already learn that, vPC loop avoidance rule states that traffic coming from vPC member port, then crossing vPC peer-link is NOT allowed to egress any vPC member port; however it can egress any other type of port (L3 port, orphan port, …).The only exception to this rule occurs when vPC member port goes down。

Refer to the loop avoidance in vPC, how the peer switch distribute vpc member port status? and is there any command to show the peer's status of the vpc member port?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @yangui319 

The VPC peers are communicating between them using Cisco Fabric Services (CFS) messages over vPC Peer-Link. CFS is providing reliable synchronization and consistency check mechanisms between the 2 vpc peer devices:

• Configuration validation and comparison (consistency check)
  • Synchronization of MAC addresses for vPC member ports
  • vPC member port status advertisement
  • Spanning Tree Protocol management
  • Synchronization of HSRP and IGMP snooping

Once the local vpc enabled port-channel goes down, the switch informs the vpc peer about it. I do not have a vpc Up in my lab to test, but there are commands where you can see the state of the peer's vpc po. However, you can always use the show vpc / show vpc brief on both peers.

Hope it helps,

Sergiu

@Sergiu.Daniluk 

Thanks for reply

show vpc/show vpc brief can display local vpc status, not include peer swich vpc status.

Since the CFSoE advertise vPC member port status(or vPC status), is there any command in CLI do dislay the peer port status clearly?