Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP shutdown feature on N5K

Hello all,

We have a pair of Nexus 5K, running 7.3(3)N1(1), with HSRP configured. HSRP is tracked, but we would like the hsrp to shutdown if the track condition is not satisfied. I see that the command "track x shutdown" under hsrp configuration is not present. Is hsrp shutdown feature not included in NX-OS? Is there a workaround to achieve the same result, like with EEM?

Is the limitation only for N5K, or do N7K with 8.3(2) have the same issue?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

2 Replies 2

Hello
On first creation of the track in hsrp if you dont have this option then Its possible that this feature just isnt applicable in nxos,  I couldn't find anything relating to fhrp group shutdown in CCO documentation for the 5-7ks either.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

pille1234
Level 3
Level 3
I have seen this feature only on N7K so far, so I am not sure it is available on N5K.

Just a warning: if you have a vPC setup with HSRP then you don't want to shut down the SVI on one side of the vpc pair. It would result in 50% blackholed packets.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: