Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing on N9K-C93180YC-EX

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

According to the provided datasheet for Nexus 93180YC-EX, IF we want to use all 48 ports on the switch we have to have a license. Is this really necessary? or It is related to another product?

Thank you

Peyman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lebowski1991
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you are referring to 93180YC-EX-24 (not 93180YC-EX) which is a platform released with 48 usable ports however only 24 are "unlocked" by default and to extend the support to 48 ports, additional license is required :

"
*Licensed to use any 24 downlink ports (total number of ports = 48) and 6 uplink ports. Upgrade to a 48-port license by installing an upgrade license N9K-FX-24P-UPG= or N9K-EX-24P-UPG=. Please refer to the Cisco NX-OS License Guide for details.
"

Cisco Nexus 9300-EX and FX 24 Port Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

This is different than :
Cisco Nexus 9300-EX Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lebowski1991
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you are referring to 93180YC-EX-24 (not 93180YC-EX) which is a platform released with 48 usable ports however only 24 are "unlocked" by default and to extend the support to 48 ports, additional license is required :

"
*Licensed to use any 24 downlink ports (total number of ports = 48) and 6 uplink ports. Upgrade to a 48-port license by installing an upgrade license N9K-FX-24P-UPG= or N9K-EX-24P-UPG=. Please refer to the Cisco NX-OS License Guide for details.
"

Cisco Nexus 9300-EX and FX 24 Port Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

This is different than :
Cisco Nexus 9300-EX Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

I hope this helps.

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you for the reply...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: