Views
Helpful
Replies

N7K - Increase latency on purpose

danibqb01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I would like to know how I could increase latency on purpose on an N7K, version 6.2 (12).

Source: Users.
Destination: SAP servers directly connected to the N7K.

I thought about adjusting the speed on the port where the servers are connected, from 1000 to 100 or doing QoS.

Does anyone know another way on NX-OS to perform this test?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Unfortunately there is no way to configure the switch to add delay to an specific interface 

What you can do is to download the speed of the interface. This will add delay to the interface but the capacity of the interface would be lower and could generate performance issue if there is high traffic

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jlopezbo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dan

For what reason you want increase latency in the Nexus 7k?

Is this Nexus 7k in production or in a LAB environment ?

There different ways you can add delay to the switch 

1- Creating a layer 2 loop (this is going to affect all the functionality of the switch)

2- Affecting the control plane of the switch 

I would not recommend to do this kind of test unless the device is isolate in a test environment

Hi @jlopezbo 

We want to migrate SAP servers to the cloud, but latency would be approximately 150 to 200ms.

I would like to know how this impact would be for users.

It is a production environment.

Hi Unfortunately there is no way to configure the switch to add delay to an specific interface 

What you can do is to download the speed of the interface. This will add delay to the interface but the capacity of the interface would be lower and could generate performance issue if there is high traffic

Hi @jlopezbo 

I am very grateful for your answers and help in this case.