Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K-C9332C License Question

ranjit123
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Our requirement is to use N9K-C9332C switches in VPC config in normal Nexus OS Mode and will basically work in L2 mode with normal HSRP feature on top of it..

Will i still be required the license C1E1TN9300XF-3Y ( Data Center Networking Essentials Term N9300 XF, 3Y ) as i have the option to OPT IT OUT in the BOQ creation..

Please guide me should i opt it out, is it required to be used in a normal L2 Domain to run in Nexus OS Mode..

Regards,

Ranjit

4 Replies 4

ss1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Nexus 9000 series support honor based licensing. This means, all features are fully functional, however it's a violation of terms and conditions to use any feature you have no license for. If you enable the respective features and do "show logging" you will see this warning logged if you don't have the respective licenses installed on your hardware in advance.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot for the reply ss1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ranjit123 

If you plan on using the switch in production, the license is mandatory. This is required to get support as well.

If the Nexus is for lab/self-learning, than the requirement of license is debatable - you can opt out the license, but you will not get support.

About the license requirement per feature, there is a table 17 out here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide_chapter_01.html 

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Thanks a lot Sergiu