Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K-C9336-FX2 100G breakout to 2x50G

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Does anyone know if a 100G port on the N9K-C9336-FX2 can break out into 2x50G QSFP28 ports?

I've looked at BRKARC-3222, as it suggests the ports are "100G/50G/40G/10G with breakout capability", but I cannot find a specific mention in Release Notes or elsewhere that 100G ports on this model (in NX-OS mode) can breakout to 2x50G.

Cheers,

Matt

5 Replies 5

The Cisco Nexus 9336C-FX2 Switch is a 1RU switch that supports 7.2 Tbps of bandwidth and over 2.8 bpps. The switch can be configured to work as 1/10/25/40/100-Gbps offering flexible options in a compact form factor. All ports support wire-rate MACsec encryption[3]. Breakout is supported on all ports

so you mean it can not be breakout to 2x50G?

I had a reply from another Cisco engineer in a separate thread who suggested it could break out to 2x50G, but was unsure if it was "fully supported", as Cisco don't have a breakout cable (though other vendors' cables exist).

image.png

Please rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

MJ

For other switches such as the N9K-C93180YC-EX, what cable would you use for 2x50G breakout? This has been challenging to find on the Cisco site or via Google.

Thanks,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: