Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K: vlan interface down (vrf unusable)

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have created a new vlan interface in a N9k switch. After that, in show interface output, the interface is "down (VRF unusable)' I have checked that the VRF exist in the switch and in its vpc peer, that the vlan also exist and that is allowed in the peer link. If I do show vrf, the vrf also appears as UP. How can I enable the new interface?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, now is working. It was a typo error in the vrf name. Now I have the same vrf in the interface and in the vrf table.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
This defect https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue28836/?rfs=iqvred applies to Nexus 7000 but maybe Nexus 9000 is also impacted

Hello.

Thanks for your help. I do not think that this is the same issue than in the bug. We have not reloaded the switch or performed a switchover. And the interface vlan is a new one. The nxos we have on the switch is version 7.0(3)I5(2)

Regards.

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, now is working. It was a typo error in the vrf name. Now I have the same vrf in the interface and in the vrf table.

Regards

When I changed the vrf name it was fixed. @yosoypako  Thank you.

Hi Emrel,

I'm facing the same issue. Can you clarify exactly the name format you changed to fix the problem? Thanks.