Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K: vlan interface down (vrf unusable)

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have created a new vlan interface in a N9k switch. After that, in show interface output, the interface is "down (VRF unusable)' I have checked that the VRF exist in the switch and in its vpc peer, that the vlan also exist and that is allowed in the peer link. If I do show vrf, the vrf also appears as UP. How can I enable the new interface?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, now is working. It was a typo error in the vrf name. Now I have the same vrf in the interface and in the vrf table.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
This defect https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue28836/?rfs=iqvred applies to Nexus 7000 but maybe Nexus 9000 is also impacted

Hello.

Thanks for your help. I do not think that this is the same issue than in the bug. We have not reloaded the switch or performed a switchover. And the interface vlan is a new one. The nxos we have on the switch is version 7.0(3)I5(2)

Regards.

yosoypako
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, now is working. It was a typo error in the vrf name. Now I have the same vrf in the interface and in the vrf table.

Regards

When I changed the vrf name it was fixed. @yosoypako  Thank you.

Hi Emrel,

I'm facing the same issue. Can you clarify exactly the name format you changed to fix the problem? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: