How can I create/change a new extension key on the VSM to match the vSphere Distributed Switch.
ERROR: [VMware vCenter Server 5.0.0 build-455964] Cannot create a VDS of extension key Cisco_Nexus_1000V_506716001 that is different than that of the login user session Cisco_Nexus_1000V_1731672022. The extension key of the vSphere Distributed Switch (dvsExtensionKey) is not the same as the login session's extension key (sessionExtensionKey)..
1. Go to http://<vCenter IP>/mob, log in with your Administrator credentials. Navigate to "Content" and then "Extension Manager" and find the extension key you wish to use and click on it. Copy the contents of the field - should be in the form Cisco_Nexus_1000V_xxxxxx. Paste it to notepad or something.
2. Click the "back" button on your browser, and click on the "UnregisterExtension" link.
3. Paste the copied link in the box and click "invoke method".
4. Restart the vCenter Server service.
5. On the VSM enter "vmware vc extension-key " followed by the same pasted key from step 3.
6. Copy run start on the VSM and reboot it.
7. Once the VSM boots, go to http://<VSM IP>, save the extension key and re-register the Extension key in vCenter.
How does everyone feel about service graphs in a brownfield network centric cutover? maybe I'm an old school engineer but I was taught that if you have to do a Pbr then your design is wrong. they are a pain to troubleshoot because you always f...
To participate in this event, please use the button to ask your questions
This special event - formerly known as Ask the Expert- is open only to Cisco Customers and Partners.
Many pages in the Cisco Community are acce...
Going to Cisco LIVE EMEAR 2020? Give your Data Center agenda a boost with these top recommended sessions. Register and join us!
Data Center Networking:
From Reactive to Proactive NetOps With Cisco Network Assurance and Insights- The Power of Data...
Hi allWe're trying to tackle a DHCP relay problem between a set of N9K-C9332PQ (NXOS 9.3.2) and dnsmasq (doesn't work) resp Windows 2016 DHCP service (works with some tweaking).SITUATION:We have a BGP EVPN VXLAN (L2VNI and L3VNI) with anycast gateway setu...
Membership in the Cisco Customer Connection program is required to attend. Registration is free and easy to complete. During registration, choose the Data Center track. Once your membership is approved, you'll be able to register for thi...