Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1000V for Hyper-V Public Installation Failed

Andrii Bardakov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys

I'm trying to set a subject in accordance with Cisco Nexus 1000V for Microsoft Hyper-V Installation Guide Release 5.2(1)SM1(5.1) in console SC VMM Server.

SC VMM server OS - 2012 DataCenter (virtual machine)

SC VMM -  2012 SP1, Version 3.1.6020.0

I get the installation error.

Install log :

--- skipped ---

07/31/2013 14:16:43 Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.Core.SCVMM.CreateLogicalSwitch - CreateLogicalSwitch: 

07/31/2013 14:16:43 Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.Core.PowerShellHelper.PrintCommandlet - Run Commandlet: Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension -Name Microsoft Windows Filtering Platform

07/31/2013 14:16:44 Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.UI.View.ProgressPage.Process - Installation failed

EXCEPTION OCCURED

System.InvalidOperationException: Последовательность не содержит элементов

в System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

в Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.Core.SCVMM.CreateLogicalSwitch(String switchName)

в Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.UI.View.ProgressPage.Process()

07/31/2013 14:16:56 Cisco.Nexus1000VInstaller.UI.View.ProgressPage.Process - Attempting cleanup

--------

I try to execute manual the commandlet PowerShell:

PS C:\Users\administrator.MEGAPOLICE> Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension

Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension : Имя "Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension" не распознано как имя командлета, функции, файла сцен

ария или выполняемой программы. Проверьте правильность написания имени, а также наличие и правильность пути, после чего

повторите попытку.

строка:1 знак:1

+ Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-SCVirtualSwitchExtension:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Why is not this commandlet?
What to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The GUI installer doesn't do a lot of error checking in this first release. I would really recommend using the manual installation method as described in the installation and configuration guide.

You'll get it up and running faster if you do the manual method.

louis

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The GUI installer doesn't do a lot of error checking in this first release. I would really recommend using the manual installation method as described in the installation and configuration guide.

You'll get it up and running faster if you do the manual method.

louis

Thanks!

Started to implement the manual method. VSM is installed.. Configure and next steps...

PS. To the question above, part of the solution
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh875013.aspx

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/tip/SCVMM-2012-SP1-management-Theres-a-PowerShell-cmdlet-for-that

Hi  I am testing Nexus 1K on Hyper-v(SCVMM 2012 SP1 )

VSM Configuration is completed

But Power on VSM

Nexus 1K Loading procesure not proceeded

I don't know why happen this thing

Error log is captured

Loading_Stopped_%EC%97%90%EB%9F%AC.png

Hi, I'm currently setting up the Nexus 1kv using the manual method and I'm getting the same error where the VSM is stuck on the loading screen. Were you able to resolve this issue? Thanks for any replies.