Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3048

beta_admin66
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

I'm trying to load the Cisco Nexus Switch 3048 with the system image, but there are these error messages:

switch(boot)# load bootflash:nxos.7.0.3.I4.8a.bin
/etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S99load-isan: line 50: [: ff: integer expression expected
/etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S99load-isan: line 58: [: ff: integer expression expected
Loading System Software Tue Nov 9 12:47:05 UTC 2010

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 3
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
INIT: (boot)#
Mounting other filesystems: [ OK ]
INIT: c
INIT: cannot execute "/isan/bin/libvirtd.sh"
INIT: cannot execute "/isan/bin/sysmgr_spawn"
INIT: Id "libv" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "sm" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

ERROR: ld.so: object '/isan/lib/libnxoscustom.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

User Access Verification
(none) login: xxx
ERROR: ld.so: object '/isan/lib/libnxoscustom.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Password:

I've now learned that you can copy the BIOS into the bootflash. Where can I download the BIOS nxos-n3kbios.bin and copy it to the bootflash? I couldn't find this on the Cisco website.

The one on this switch is BioS BIOS v.1.2.0

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

3 Replies 3

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Nexus 3048 switches can be very picky about NX-OS upgrade/downgrade paths. I see you're trying to load NX-OS software release 7.0(3)I4(8a) - do you know what NX-OS software release this switch was previously running?

Thank you!

-Christopher

beta_admin66
Level 1
Level 1

kickstart-image: n3000-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.U6.10.bin
system-image: nxos.7.0.3.I4.8a.bin

Hello!

It sounds like you are booting into the NX-OS 6.0(2)U6(10) kickstart image, then attempting to load the NX-OS 7.0(3)I4(8a) unified binary image. This procedure is not supported - NX-OS software releases that utilize kickstart and system images must always have matching kickstart and system images. You will need to load into the NX-OS 6.0(2)U6(10) kickstart image, then load into the NX-OS 6.0(2)U6(10) system image, then upgrade to the unified NX-OS 7.0(3)I4(8a) binary image using the install all command.

If you do not have the NX-OS 6.0(2)U6(10) system image on the bootflash, you should be able to copy the file via TFTP from boot loader.

Thank you!

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: