cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3064 w/ 7.0(3)I7(6) SNMP bug/transceiver stats

f00z
Level 1
Level 1

Posting to see if anyone else has encountered this same issue, when polling the nexus 3064 for transceiver information, every once in a while certain ports will return value of 0 for things like temperature, voltage, dbm, etc.  and sometimes they will return a non-existant OID.

This results in our NMS getting a lot of false alerts, and  when it returns the non-existant OID the NMS thinks the transceiver was removed as it should and then adds it back next time it polls because it has normal values again.

There is nothing in the logs on the nexus that i can see, maybe some internal log I don't know about. If anyone has any ideas on how to debug this let me know! It only happens on certain ports, not all.  On several of them it's happening on eth1/13, some others it's eth1/9 and other random ports.

It only happens on the newer code 7.0(3)I7(6) , we updated a bunch from older 7.x code and some 6.x, so it must be code related.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco FINALLY resolved this because it was happening on more expensive devices. They don't care about the poor little 3064 too much :)

It's resolved in 9.3.3 and FINALLY pushed out to 7.x in 7.0.3.I7.8

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs35347

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

f00z
Level 1
Level 1

Surprised no one else has noticed this. It's driving our NMS systems crazy.

Trying to bump this again as it's happening on every nexus 3064 we have with the new code and very annoying constantly getting alerts because SNMP thinks the transceiver isn't there or the values change randomly. 

Cisco FINALLY resolved this because it was happening on more expensive devices. They don't care about the poor little 3064 too much :)

It's resolved in 9.3.3 and FINALLY pushed out to 7.x in 7.0.3.I7.8

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs35347