Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000v setup - unable to boot

gsabbadini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a Nexus 9000v but for some reason it wont boot.

I tried both with the OVA file and the .vmdk for a new VM (vSphere) with no avail.

The VM hangs during boot and stops at loader> prompt if restarted. If a boot image is specified, the boot sequence hangs again.

Where am I wrong?

Gianni

2 Replies 2

scorban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you referred to the configuration guide for the Nexus 9000v for instructions on how to boot and use the image, there is also a troubleshooting section there:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/nx-osv/configuration/guide/b_NX-OSv_9000/b_NX-…

Latest release of Nexus 9000v is at:

Cisco Systems

gwinn.joe
Level 1
Level 1

Has the device ever successfully booted up?  Upon initial boot up the device will get stuck looking for "POAP", automatic configuration stuff, to break that and continue boot up you have to type "N" and hit enter.  By default the boot variable is not set, so once it goes into the boot loader, you have to type "boot nsox xxx.bin" boot to .bin file you loaded in the bootflash: directory.  Once the device boots all the way up, you have to set that boot variable.  To set the boot variable if you have a kickstart file, type "boot kickstart bootflash:kickstart.bin system bootflash:file.bin" changing those to the appropriate .bin files in the bootflash:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: