cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000v vPC

joshehaos
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anything special I have to do on VMware to get two 9000v's setup as a vPC pair?  When I build the vPC, the link will come up and then throw the log up below and block all VLAN's from traversing the peer-link.  If I put the same config on two physical 9K's, it works fine.

LF-02# 2020 Jan 25 07:31:25 LF-02 %$ VDC-1 %$ %STP-2-VPC_PEER_LINK_INCONSIST_BLOCK: vPC peer-link detected Bridge Assurance Inconsistency blocking port-channel500 VLAN3600

I've done the Google searching and not coming up with anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I got this to work for anyone else in the future that needs help with this.  In order to get the vPC to stay up between the 9000v's, I configured two new physical NIC's in VMWare along with a new virtual switch and VLAN.  Each NIC on the the 9K maps to one of those new NIC's.  Make sure to configure your VLAN in VMware tagged as 4095 to pass everything.  From there, just connect the VMNIC's back to back with via Ethernet and it should come up and stay up.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

you need to make sure the two switches have the same vlans applied on each switch and allow them to traverse the port channel of the designated peer link

lastly i would say  its best to have the vpc peer keepalive connection as a L3 interface so then its-not part of any vlan or trunk be it peerlink or normal vpc

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I got this to work for anyone else in the future that needs help with this.  In order to get the vPC to stay up between the 9000v's, I configured two new physical NIC's in VMWare along with a new virtual switch and VLAN.  Each NIC on the the 9K maps to one of those new NIC's.  Make sure to configure your VLAN in VMware tagged as 4095 to pass everything.  From there, just connect the VMNIC's back to back with via Ethernet and it should come up and stay up.

Thanks for confirmation.  I was running into this same issue in my lab.  I felt like it was VMware side config that was causing the issue since the 9k configs were identical where appropriate.  I know the config works on real gear.

I have the same problem when I test VPC_BGW, can you describe in detail, I have tried many times but failed.It would be better to take a screenshot, thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: