Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9300 EX/FX/FX2/FX3

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dear experts

i would like to know the differences between the Nexus 9300 9300 EX/FX/FX2/FX3 switches, 

some of them i know according to the below link but FX3 are new comers what are the differentiate in FX3.

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/apjc/docs/2018/pdf/BRKDCT-3640.pdf

1 Reply 1

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

EX, FX, FX2, ... refer to different Cloud Scale ASIC types manufactured by Cisco. ASICs in general are specialized hardware that perform packet forwarding functions.

The difference between the various ASICs comes basically to the number of slices, forwarding TCAMs and flex tiles that each ASIC supports.

WassimAouadi_1-1700588242381.png

These are resources that can be combined in what Cisco calls routing modes or routing templates.

WassimAouadi_2-1700588316840.png

And here is the thing: not all combination of forwarding TCAMs and flex tiles in EX ASICs for example are supported with the FX3 ASICS; there is not a better ASIC than others in my opinion, except for the use the case that suits your environment.

WassimAouadi_3-1700588375595.png

Source: Flexible Forwarding Table on Nexus 9000 <br> White Paper - Cisco

I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: