Helpful
Replies

Nexus VPC Extension - facing STP loop

desiderata
Level 1
Level 1

Attn: Sergiu.Daniluk

Hi,

Reference discussion: https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-switches/nexus-vpc-extension/m-p/4545745/thread-id/7998

I have attached configuration files of 6 switches here. 

Whenever I am turning ports from NX 3 and 4 (connected with core switches) up, a STP loop is occurring between vpc domain 1 and 12. I have attached screenshot of few logs from N9K-1, N9K-2, Core1 and Core2 switch.

Can you please help with any possible suggestion to avoid this loop? 

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

desiderata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Connectivity diagram is attached herewith. According to the diagram, Whenever I am turning ports from NX 3 and 4 (connected with core switches) up, a STP loop is occurring between vpc domain 10 and 11.

Please ignore previous statement.

To have the full picture, please add port-channel numbers on the diagrams and share the config files again (they are missing from first post).

Cheers,

Sergiu

hi Sergiu,

Many thanks for your response.

Kindly find attached connectivity diagram including Po numbers. I'll be attaching necessary config in a separate reply.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check attached config files.

Hi,

Few things I should mention:

• Core1 and Core2 switches are also acting as distribution switches, I mean, few servers are directly connected from core switches. The logs I have shared from these switches, contains port-channel numbers of those servers (i.e., Po88, Po92, Po99 etc.). If you need, I can share all vPC and port-channel list from these two switches.
  • Same vPC numbers have been used from VPC domain 10 and 11, for different purpose, i.e., vPC number 108. This should not be an issue, right?

For your better understanding, I have attached an updated diagram.

Hi Sergiu,

Any suggestion please? 

Bernd Nies
Level 1
Level 1

Isn't the vPC supposed to go across both switches - i.e. combine the port-channels on both switches in the same vPC domain?

You are correct. 

sp2720401_0-1677809455389.png

In the above super pretty image I attached. You would have port-channel red and port-channel blue... Then you would have vpc red and vpc blue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: