cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV Backup

Dhari Kh
Level 1
Level 1

We have OTV working good with 2 Data Centers . We plan to add Backup OTV link between the same Data Centers. 

what should be the main different between them from the points listed below ?

1- Site VLAN 

2- OTV site-identifier 0xXXX

3- Different otv control-group 

4- Different otv data-group 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Both OTV interfaces between the DCs will share the traffic depending on whether the vlan is odd or even, when there is a failure in one link the other link will take all the vlans.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shaps
Level 3
Level 3
Hi
I assume you are adding addtional routers, its been a while since I rolled out OTV but from what I remember I used the same site vlan and ID, the site vlan is local to that site so shouldnt impact the other DC and using the same site ID will allow them to load balance themselves forming an active standby relationship for the odd/even vlans, any failover is handled automatically between the two.
In terms of the multicast they would be part of the same multicast group and as such should have the same memberships

Yes, it is different device in 2 OTV instance . So you think should be all point should be the same (Just divided the VLANs odd/even between 2 OTV instance ) if like this How to prefer one OTV to another ? 

Both OTV interfaces between the DCs will share the traffic depending on whether the vlan is odd or even, when there is a failure in one link the other link will take all the vlans.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: