Views
Helpful
Replies

Policing in Nexus -bandwidth limitation

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to implement policing in nexus 5672UP switch.  I want to limit the upload and download bandwidth to 2M on interface vlan 10.

I have created the policy-map but I am not able to find the "service-policy " command inside the interface.

Is the are resolution for this ?

2 Replies 2

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Rishad Ahammed,

I hope you are doing great,

It depends on the NX-OS version you have running the MCQ funtionality is available after this release 5.1(3)N2(1) on the Nexus, also if you are getting an issue like "ERROR: QoS Policy on VLAN not allowed,please set interface QoS limit first.", you will need to modify the TCAM limit first:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/qos/521_n1_1/b_5k_QoS_Config_521N11_chapter_01000.html#d2348e346a1635

Keep me posted,

Please rate all the helpful posts and marked as correct if this answered your posts!

David Castro,

That was really helpful. But I can apply policy only in one direction (input) . Since i am trying to limit the bandwidth on both direction i need apply the policy in both inbound and outbound direction. 

Please advice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: