Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute direct routes inside BGP on cisco Nexus

Hello,

I want to ask if aggregate routes inside of BGP in nexus switch considereted as direct routes? because i have strange situation when redistibuting direct routes in BGP and BGP advertize agregate summary-only route too. Are there any documentation?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

direct routes are attached to the device. I.E. an SVI interface or an interface with an ip address on it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Alexandre,

See here for more information on route mapping in Nexus switches:

Deploying Route Maps on Cisco Nexus Switches - Cisco

I hope this helps.
Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

hello,

from document it´s not clear what type of route are direct route. For me aggregate routes pointing to null 0 are static routes and not direct routes.

regards,

direct routes are attached to the device. I.E. an SVI interface or an interface with an ip address on it.

what is it exactly you are trying to accomplish?

I have two nexus Border Leaf conected via EBGP to 2 PEs. Every nexus has aggregate-routes for fabric IP configured in bgp and redistribute direct inside the BGP too. The problem is that in one Nexus I see not only agrregate route pointing to null but agrregate route from another Nexus that generate loop for traffic that dont have host route /32.

Is it the same aggregate? Can you post an example of the aggregate at site A in your scenario and the other route you are using from another Nexus and then also the /32 you are referring to and where that lives i.e. at site a or b or something?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: