cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Storm-Control Action @ Nexus 3548 - not implemented?

r.heitmann
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Nexus 3548 seems to have no possibility to configure a "storm-control action", I started reading the docs after I figured out that using CLI, running NXOS 9.3(12).

According to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3548/sw/93x/layer-2-switching/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nx-os-3548-layer-2-switching-configuration-guide-93x/b-cisco-nx-os-3548-layer-2-switching-configuration-guide-93x_chapter_01101.h... 

1. "By default, Cisco NX-OS takes no corrective action when traffic exceeds the configured level."
  2. there is no way to set a corrective action

Does it make sense, to configure multicast/broadcast-pps-"levels", which is possible?

Along with configuring "errdisable interval" and "errdisable recovery cause storm-control", which is recommended usually... But with "no action"...

Did anybody validate the behaviour of those devices?

2 Replies 2

f00z
Level 3
Level 3

Some nexus devices allow PPS , most are bandwidth percentage.  They all will filter ALL the specified BUM traffic when it reaches the level.   Some switches filter ALL BUM when one of them hits the threshold and some have separate policers; this depends on the ASIC. 

What it means by no corrective action is that it doesn't shut down the port or send SNMP traps.. Those are configurable on the port with storm-control action.   

Sorry can I you elaborate more 

Thanks 

MHM