cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Engine 720 10GE - 2nd redundancy failed/ new one keeps rebooting the chassis

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I had one sup720 failed on a WS-C6504-E running version 15.1(2)SY8.  Cisco sent a replacement running version 12.2(33)SXH8b.  The issue is that after some time when the replacement sup was inserted the whole chassis rebooted and it keeps doing it.  If the replacement card inserted by itself without the active one, the chassis comes-up with no issues. 

I was not able to upgrade the replacement card because of the maintenance window.  Has anyone seen this behavior before?  I have attached the console output from the replacement card.  Any help would be greatly appreciate it.  

Thanks,

MG 

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

New Sup720 has a CF slot.

1. Copy the IOS from the sup-bootflash: to disk0: ( this is your CF Slot) this verison is 15.X  as per your requirement

2. Remove the CF and insert in to RMA new supervisor - force the replacment supervisor card to boot the IOS found in disk0:.

check once all done # show redundancy states

Note : make sure you have taken backup of current config backup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: