cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown PINGs Sourced From Nexus7710

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

So I see constant ICMP Echo/PINGs being sourced from a Nexus7710 with a destination of two of our ISE Policy nodes, being denied/dropped by our PAN firewall. I suspect these are PINGs someone initiated months ago, and are continuing even after their session ended. I don't see any type of SLA configured, and I'm the only user with a session into the the 7710. "Show ip ping source-interface" does not list anything. "Show ip traffic", under "ICMP software Processed Traffic Statistics" oes not indicate echo request count incrementing....

Does anyone know of a way to show whether IP ICMP process is running on the NX-OS? I'm running 7.0(3). Or does anyone have any ideas why these PINGs would be sourced from the Nexus to the ISE nodes? I don't see any other of our switches doing this....

Thanks!

Mike

1 Reply 1

akdhingr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How are you tracing that the pings are being sourced from N7ks. Are you taking any captures and checking SIP and SMAC of the pings ?

I would suggest take ethanalyzer with decode-internal on N7ks to see if it is really being sourced from N7ks or if the traffic is just being software switched. 

BR,

Ak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: