Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Nexus 9508 including patch

Ernesto Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I need to update Nexus 9508 from version 7.0 (3) I1 (2) to version 7.0 (3) I6 (1) but in the documentation it refers to installing a patch, but when entering the Cisco website it does not show me the corresponding patch a 7.0 (3) I1 (2). How can I get the patch I need? or I have to install the one that directs me which is 7.0(3)I3(x) fix

Regards.

1 Reply 1

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ernesto,

The documentation is correct and is leading you to the correct patch that you need to download. The filename for this patch indicates that the patch fixed upgrades to NX-OS software release 7.0(3)I3(x) and later. NX-OS software release 7.0(3)I6(1) would fall into this category.

As a side note, I highly recommend considering an NX-OS software upgrade to the current recommended NX-OS software release for all Nexus 9000 series switches, which is 7.0(3)I7(8) at the time of this writing. NX-OS software release 7.0(3)I6(1) is considered End of Life at this time.

I hope this helps - thank you!

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: