Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade NX 9300

Ramirov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have a little question  , I read some papers where it say that to upgrade a NX you have to perform the follow command,

install all nxos bootflash:nxos.7.0.3.I4.7.bin

But anothers papers say :

Upgrade the Cisco NX-OS software using the boot nxos bootflash: filename command.

Which is the correct form to upgrade a NX? 

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ramirov,

The main method to run an upgrade on your platform is install all nxos.

There are just particular cases using boot variable/reload for example with "-R" line cards, or maybe with older OS version.

Remi Astruc

Thanks Remi , I have a a problem to upload the NXOS to my Nexus ,  I am trying to upload from an SFTP server but the connection is interrupted I dont know why , I reached to 95% one time and sudenly it stopped.
I am not in the same site to my nexus so I connect it via ssh.
The SFTP and Nexus are in the same site (net).

Do you have any idea ??

Thanks

Hi,

Is there enough free space in bootflash:  ?

dir

Usage for bootflash://
2531684352 bytes used
114191384576 bytes free
116723068928 bytes total

Yes , there is no problem with the space , I tried with an TFTP and got the same result , I dont know why the communication stop

Do you have someone on site that can connect USB to the Nexus and copy it locally from usb1: to bootflash: ?

Hello Ramirov,

You should check your SFTP server logs for some clue about that. Also check if the N9K has enough storage space for the new firmware. Ensure you use the "admin" local user...

But that's a different topic. Please mark previous post as Helpful if applicable.

Remi Astruc

networkcheff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rami,

The ideal way to upgrade the nexus 9k is to use the command "install all nxos bootflash:filename"

If you are unable to send the OS to 9k try checking the below stuffs :

1. Storage in bootflash : 

S1# dir bootflash:

2. Try using cyberduck(mac) or file zilla (window)

Let me know if you are still facing the issue. 

If you found my answer to be useful please do not hesitate click on the Star button and answered.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: