Helpful
Replies

Upgrade NXOS Nexus 9000 BUG

Elena.Madrigal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i am trying to upgrade a Nexus 9000 from version
Current: 7.0(3)I5(2)

Future: 7.0(3)I7(6) That it is the current suggested.
The problem is the following: i am affected with bug CSCve24965 . And with the step one of the work around says to perform the command

=====
Steps
=====
1. From 7.0(3)I5(2) -> `install all nxos` to 7.0(3)[I6 or I7](x)
The question after see the bug is mandatory to perform the command install all nxos twice?  the first step no should be with bios-force parameter?
¿Is possible to upgrade with an alternative method with not disruption?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED : I applied the workdaround susccesfully

1. step :install all nxos bootflash:XXXXfile.bin

After that  you will see the sistem upgraded but the bios no with the version 8.32

2. type command just install all nxos (without filename)

Now the system re-install all (bios incluided) After that you will see the message  bios:8.35 Last 8.32) the bios is no installed but not activated

3. Reload the switch

Now you will see the current bios 8.35 installed and working.

In my case with the reload some proceess  for example EIGRP vlan instace no syncroniced automatically, I had need to resyncronize manually.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Elena.Madrigal
Level 1
Level 1

After read release notes i am having doubts Please Help

SOLVED : I applied the workdaround susccesfully

1. step :install all nxos bootflash:XXXXfile.bin

After that  you will see the sistem upgraded but the bios no with the version 8.32

2. type command just install all nxos (without filename)

Now the system re-install all (bios incluided) After that you will see the message  bios:8.35 Last 8.32) the bios is no installed but not activated

3. Reload the switch

Now you will see the current bios 8.35 installed and working.

In my case with the reload some proceess  for example EIGRP vlan instace no syncroniced automatically, I had need to resyncronize manually.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: