cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Valid copper SFP that will operate at 10/100/1000mb that is compatible with a Nexus 7k

clive.hodgetts
Level 1
Level 1

I am finding it very difficult to identify a 1gb base-T SFP that is compatible with a Nexus 7k and will negotiate speeds of 10/100/1000mb. I know this is quite old technology and best practice is not to utilise 7k interfaces to directly connect low speed (10/100mb) switches/hosts. Does anyone know of a trusted part number which will negotiate at 10/100/1000mb and is compatible with the 7k's?

The Nexus module part number is: N77-F348XP-23 and the NX-OS version is:  6.2(12)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clive

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clive,

The Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix tool is the best place to verify what specific transceiver models fit your needs. Specifically, for an N77-F348XP-23 line card in a device running NX-OS software release 6.2(12), you have the following options:

• GLC-T (EoS/EoL)
  • SFP-GE-T (EoS/EoL)
  • GLC-TE

If you already have any of the above transceivers and face difficulties with getting them to operate at 10/100Mbps speeds, we can certainly try to troubleshoot that issue as well.

I hope this helps - Thank you!

-Christopher

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clive,

The Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix tool is the best place to verify what specific transceiver models fit your needs. Specifically, for an N77-F348XP-23 line card in a device running NX-OS software release 6.2(12), you have the following options:

• GLC-T (EoS/EoL)
  • SFP-GE-T (EoS/EoL)
  • GLC-TE

If you already have any of the above transceivers and face difficulties with getting them to operate at 10/100Mbps speeds, we can certainly try to troubleshoot that issue as well.

I hope this helps - Thank you!

-Christopher

Hi Christopher,

The SFP's the customer has at the DC are GLC-T-C which don't allow for speed negotiation. The SFP's you have listed we do have in stock so we will install one of those types and re-test.....

Thanks for your quick response and invaluable information supplied

Cheers,

Clive