Views
Helpful
Replies

vpc configuration

multiplexer002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to create a vpc and I would like to ask if I need to configure vlans both on the port-channel interface and the physical interfaces too.

Thank you in advance.

John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

The question is a bit vague, but assuming that your question is if you need to configure vlans on both port-channel interface and port-channel members (the physical interfaces part of the port-channel), then the answer is no. 

And this rule applies on both regular and vPC port-channels. (Almost) Any configuration you are doing on port-channel it will be reflected on PO members.

If this is not what you were looking for, please provide more details and I will try to answer.

Regards,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

The question is a bit vague, but assuming that your question is if you need to configure vlans on both port-channel interface and port-channel members (the physical interfaces part of the port-channel), then the answer is no. 

And this rule applies on both regular and vPC port-channels. (Almost) Any configuration you are doing on port-channel it will be reflected on PO members.

If this is not what you were looking for, please provide more details and I will try to answer.

Regards,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

My apologies if I wasn't clear but nevertheless you have understood and answered my question appropriately.

Thank you so much.

Regards

John