Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC for OTV Internal interface in 7700

FrankZ49
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have two sites (EAST and WEST) which will be connected with a pair of 7700s at each site through two inter-site 10G connections. We will create 3 VDCs in each 7700, one called Admin, one called Head, which will have the 10G inter-site circuits, the third called Otv. We will use the OTV on the stick design for extending L2 VLANs from EAST to WEST. At each site, we will have two OTV VDCs (Otv01 and Otv02) and two Head VDCs (Head01 and Head02).

The Join interfaces (L3)  in the OTV and the Internal interfaces (L2) will connect back to the interfaces in the Head01/02 VDC. My question is for the OTV Internal interfaces at one site: Can and should I configure a two-sided vPC (Head01/02 to Otv01/02) for this L2 connection, or one-side vPC, or no vPC at all?

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FrankZ49,

• You can configure Head01/02 VDCs as a vPC cluster.
  • The Head01/02 VDCs will connect via 2 different vPCs to Otv01/02 VDCs.
  • Otv01/02 VDCs will not be in a vPC cluster.
  • This is single vPC, not double-sided vPC.

DCI_1-53

This is similar to section vPC Considerations in this document:

Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization Technology Introduction and Deployment Considerations

I hope this helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @FrankZ49,

• You can configure Head01/02 VDCs as a vPC cluster.
  • The Head01/02 VDCs will connect via 2 different vPCs to Otv01/02 VDCs.
  • Otv01/02 VDCs will not be in a vPC cluster.
  • This is single vPC, not double-sided vPC.

DCI_1-53

This is similar to section vPC Considerations in this document:

Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization Technology Introduction and Deployment Considerations

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Thank you Hector for answering the question.

Frank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: