Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC Peer-Gateway Exclude-Vlan in nexus 5672

Hi,

when i enabled  layer 3 peer router command on nexus 5672UP's in VPC, i can see the below message  in syslog. I am planning to use VPC peer link for L3 routing (routing adjacency). i will have SVI's configured on this for user segments and will be connected to Core swicthes. I will be running OSPF between this Nexus VPC peers and core switches. Is the command " ayer 3 peer router" applicable for N5K? if so why is it required?

%VPC-2-VPC_ADD_L3_BKUP_VLAN_TO_PEER_GW_EXCLUDE_LIST: Exclude L3 backup routing VLAN from vpc peer-gateway config.

Thanks,

Sridhar

3 Replies 3

Hello

Remove the L3 routing VLAN from within the VDC domain regards the specified vpc peer-gateway configuration:

Review this: 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

I am not using any VDC. want to establish ospf adjacency between VPC peers via peer link. so want to check if layer 3 peer-router command is applicable here. also plz advise if i need t create separate L3 link between vpc peers for routing adjacency.

shulipal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Shri,

Layer 3 peer router command is required when you want to enable to routing over vPC ans this applies to all the Platform.

About  the error log,

Remove the routed vlan from vpc peer link to a separated layer 2 trunk fixe this kind problem.Also log message will appear in a mixed chassis setup.

Please rate if this is healpful

Thanks,

Shivakumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: