cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSG required for Nexus1000V on VNMC?

kellymcleve
Level 1
Level 1

If I have already purchased the Nexus1000V, is the VNMC inlcuded with that switch? Or would I need to additionally purchase VSG. Also, if I do need to purchase VSG, does that quantity need to match the quantity of the Nexus1000V to provide full access to VNMC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kelly and B00ndOngle,

I just recieved the following from one of our subject matter experts.  I believe it will provide the knowledge you are seeking and thanks for using the community:

If your customer purchased Nexus 1000v before the free-mium model, they would have had to purchase VSG as a separate line item.  Now if a customer purchases the advanced edition of Nexus 1000v, they would get a free license for VSG.  VNMC is bundled into the VSG or ASA1000v products so each valid license for VSG or vASA would include a license for VNMC.

VSG is licensed by CPU in the host server, just like Nexus 1000V.

If your customer bought Nexus 1000V before the free-mium model, you can fill out a simple form at the savtg.cisco.com website to request the free VSG/VNMC license.

http://savtg.cisco.com/n1kv-sales-resources/vsg-perpetual-licensing

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Kelly,

I think you will be able to find the answer to your question in the Nexus 1000V community.  It is located at https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/datacenter/nexus1000v.  There seems to be plenty of documentation and tutorials relating to VSG specifically for the Nexus 1000V on their page.

Best of luck,

Mike

The answer that's nowhere to be found, and I've spent hours looking for, is what happened with VNMC?  I don't see that it has been included with the new Nexus 1000 Advanced, and I do not show a licence for it available unless I purchase the ASA1000?  Is that the answer that no one is able to confirm?  Do we have to purchase the ASA1000 to get the VNMC?  Is it free to download, and an included component of the VSG that's been integrated into the Nexus 1000?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the update Boondongle.  I like your user name btw.  I will make sure this thread gets in front of a few of our subject matter experts.  I hope to have your question answered in detail by next week.  Have a great weekend!

Your friendly community manager,

Mike

Thanks for the update Boondongle.  I like your user name btw.  I will make sure this thread gets in front of a few of our subject matter experts.  I hope to have your question answered in detail by next week.  Have a great weekend!

Your friendly community manager,

Mike

Whoops.  Sorry for the double post

Message was edited by: Michael Turner

Kelly and B00ndOngle,

I just recieved the following from one of our subject matter experts.  I believe it will provide the knowledge you are seeking and thanks for using the community:

If your customer purchased Nexus 1000v before the free-mium model, they would have had to purchase VSG as a separate line item.  Now if a customer purchases the advanced edition of Nexus 1000v, they would get a free license for VSG.  VNMC is bundled into the VSG or ASA1000v products so each valid license for VSG or vASA would include a license for VNMC.

VSG is licensed by CPU in the host server, just like Nexus 1000V.

If your customer bought Nexus 1000V before the free-mium model, you can fill out a simple form at the savtg.cisco.com website to request the free VSG/VNMC license.

http://savtg.cisco.com/n1kv-sales-resources/vsg-perpetual-licensing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: