Views
Helpful
Replies

VXLAN DCI (or any L2 overaly) and default gatevay in each sites

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello!

Dear sirs. I make two small datacenters and want to use VXLAN tunnel over L3, link between them.

In each DC I have two switches and VRRP virtual IP as default gateway.

But if I have single address space in both DC, what is best practice for this case?

I think about filterring part of address space to annonce via EVPN to other side but may be I think wronk :-)

Thank You!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
2 Replies 2

Alex.M
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Howdy Oleg,

If I'm understanding correctly, you have two datacenters that share the same IP address space.  For example, DC1 uses 192.168.0.0/24 and DC2 uses 192.168.0.0/24.  In this case, multi-tenancy would be the first thing I would look at for a possible solution.  Multi-tenancy would be introducing VRF technology via L3 VNI's allowing you to interconnect both datacenters with a multi-site VxLAN.  There would be complexities if the two networks need to communicate with each other.

Here's a link to an article discussing route-leaking between the tenants and examples on how to deploy BGP EVPN VxLAN with multi-tenancy:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/92x/vxlan-92x/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-92x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_VXLAN_Configuration_Guide_9x_chapter_0101.html

Hth,

Alex M.

Thank you I will read this and answer You after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog