Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Enthusiast

VXLAN DCI (or any L2 overaly) and default gatevay in each sites

Hello!

Dear sirs. I make two small datacenters and want to use VXLAN tunnel over L3, link between them.

In each DC I have two switches and VRRP virtual IP as default gateway.

But if I have single address space in both DC, what is best practice for this case?

I think about filterring part of address space to annonce via EVPN to other side but may be I think wronk :-)

Thank You!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Re: VXLAN DCI (or any L2 overaly) and default gatevay in each sites

Howdy Oleg,

If I'm understanding correctly, you have two datacenters that share the same IP address space.  For example, DC1 uses 192.168.0.0/24 and DC2 uses 192.168.0.0/24.  In this case, multi-tenancy would be the first thing I would look at for a possible solution.  Multi-tenancy would be introducing VRF technology via L3 VNI's allowing you to interconnect both datacenters with a multi-site VxLAN.  There would be complexities if the two networks need to communicate with each other.

Here's a link to an article discussing route-leaking between the tenants and examples on how to deploy BGP EVPN VxLAN with multi-tenancy:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/92x/vxlan-92x/configuration/guide/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-vxlan-configuration-guide-92x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_VXLAN_Configuration_Guide_9x_chapter_0101.html

Hth,

Alex M.

Enthusiast

Re: VXLAN DCI (or any L2 overaly) and default gatevay in each sites

Thank you I will read this and answer You after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here