cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vxlan underlay backup routing SVI VLAN cross VPC Peer link interface!

fly
Level 2
Level 2

becase we config peer-gateway and peer-switch feature under vpc .

I config vxlan underlay backup routing between two VPC leafs across peer-link

config like below url said at bottom

one question:

backup routing interface vlan just exist on peer-link , but when we config peer-switch on both leafs.

we found this vlan is putted into spanning tree backup state, and interfave vlan can't get up

and ospf can't established,

so i change this vlan spanning tree priority on one leaf switch , and spanning tree state on this vlan ( peer-link interface) change to forwarding。 

is there other solution to resolve this problem?

thank you!

Jere

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/vxlan/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_VXLAN_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_VXLAN_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_011.html

Enabling vpc peer-gateway configuration is mandatory. For peer-gateway functionality, at least one backup routing SVI is required to be enabled across peer-link and also configured with PIM. This provides a backup routing path in the case when VTEP loses complete connectivity to the spine. Remote peer reachability is re-routed over peer-link in his case. In BUD node topologies, the backup SVI needs to be added as a static OIF for each underlay multicast group.

3 Replies 3

Rurick Kellermann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you configure the Vlan on both VPC Peers? 

May I ask, what is the version of NxOS running when you attempted to implement it?

melchib
Level 1
Level 1

Did you also remember to configure system nve infra-vlans <vlan-id> force for the vlan you are using for the backup routing SVI?

Hi ,

I'm trying today on 93180YC-FX3 with 9.3.8 release, the configuration as follow:

interface Vlan1
  description L3 Peer-Link
  no shutdown
  mtu 9216
  medium p2p
  no bfd echo
  no ip redirects
  ip address 100.100.133.254/31
  no ipv6 redirects
  ip ospf cost 1
  ip ospf network point-to-point
  ip router ospf UNDERLAY area 0.0.0.0
  ip ospf bfd
  ip pim sparse-mode

for now everythings work correctly (I've tested a failover) , in next days I'll do other test to discover something strange.

P.S. I've choosed VLAN 1 because it can't be configured in VXLAN neither per mistake, maybe the command system nve infra-vlans <vlan-id> do the same thing on another VLAN?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: