Views
Helpful
Comments
5 Comments
smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

I'm missing something here.

Where is the connection between Intersight Assist and Vmware/Pure?

I was thinking that we have to claim it on Intersight Assist, then claim Intersight Assist on regular Intersight.

Or, is Intersight Assist just a proxy for Intersight where the connection goes like this: Intersight->Assist->Vmware/Pure?

chratkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's the latter, Intersight Assist is the on prem component that resides closer to the 3rd party hardware.  However post Intersight assist deployment all of the configuration happens from Intersight.com.

intersight.com connects securely to Intersight Assist and assist runs the micro services that talk to Pure/VMware components.  But again the majority of the configuration is driven from Intersight.com.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

thanks for sharing!

damiron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Quick clarity question.  I cannot see on the License feature matrix whether managing Pure Array connectivity is advantage tier or premier tier.   Appears like you can Load Intersight assist on essentials but not claim devices from the video. Can you elaborate? Also, is there any hardware requirements on the Pure side for Intersight assist to be loaded to an array?

Thank you for making it was helpful. 

chratkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
To unlock the ability to claim Pure Storage (and other 3rd party systems) through Intersight Assist you need either an Advantage tier license OR Premier tier license. Advantage tier (at the time of comment) unlocks the ability to see the array Inventory and storage widget. Premier tier unlocks the ability to orchestrate the array with the use of workflows and workflow designer(carving storage assigning to hosts/host groups etc.).

Hardware requirements for Pure Storage FlashArray products are available here: https://intersight.com/help/features#viewing_storage_device_information_in_cisco_intersight

Thanks for your comment!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links