Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure Cisco Call tracking

thecircuit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am a student and new to the Cisco Dev community and am looking for some guidance on a project I am working on. Essentially the goal is to create a cloud application through Azure that connects to my Cisco IP phone that records inbound and outbound dials, the number that called and when. I know the phone already records that information but how can I get it to connect to an app on Azure. Are there any sort of tutorials or documents out that could help me build this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi CJ,

VoIP is a set of technologies that deliver voice communications using  the internet. In order to do this, the analog voice signal must be digitized, encoded and transmitted as Internet Protocol packets which is then received, decoded and converted to the correct signal depending on the call's final destination. VoIP calls in Azure are placed using either a computer, VoIP phone or  conventional telephone that is connected to an adapter. With Azure, MT  VoIP phone service calls can be made to either a telephone or another  computer, providing you with more flexibility in how you can communicate
with family, friends and colleagues.

Please Refer - 

Fun With Windows Azure AD: Calling REST Services from a Windows Phone 8 App | CloudIdentity

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/overview/what-is-windows-azure/

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi CJ,

VoIP is a set of technologies that deliver voice communications using  the internet. In order to do this, the analog voice signal must be digitized, encoded and transmitted as Internet Protocol packets which is then received, decoded and converted to the correct signal depending on the call's final destination. VoIP calls in Azure are placed using either a computer, VoIP phone or  conventional telephone that is connected to an adapter. With Azure, MT  VoIP phone service calls can be made to either a telephone or another  computer, providing you with more flexibility in how you can communicate
with family, friends and colleagues.

Please Refer - 

Fun With Windows Azure AD: Calling REST Services from a Windows Phone 8 App | CloudIdentity

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/overview/what-is-windows-azure/

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

This is very helpful thank you for the explanation and the links as well.

CJ