Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco recommended ios version via a web call

John Natschev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have been doing some tcl/expect scripting and came across a thought. That thought is whether there is a web call that can be done to find the cisco recommended ios version for a particular switch/router platform.

Does anyone know whether this is possible?

All feedback gratefully received.

Kind regards,

John Natschev

Senior Engineer | ICT Engineering Services - Victoria

Managed Services and Delivery | Optus Business

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

I think you can achieve this by using the UC Express Services Interface  Please post your question in the UCXSI forum community.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi and thanks for your reply.

You think I can achieve finding out Cisco's recommended router/switch IOS version using a Unified Communications interface?

OK, I'll give it a go.

Kind regards,

John Natschev.

Hi John,

My Appolagies for the wrong answer. I thought using a web call from router its possible so only directed to that API. But in finding the IOS version its not possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hello Geevarghese, that's OK. I was so confused but still sent a post. Yes, I got a reply saying it cannot be done on that UC system.

Do you have any other thoughts on who may know?

Essentially I want to send a request to a Cisco web page (via some web services for instance) that can tell me what Cisco's recommended IOS is for a particular router/switch platform and get its file name, size, and MD5 value. It is like visiting Cisco's software download page for a Catalyst 3750X and seeing that "emblem" of recommended and getting that versions file name, size, and MD5. Those values will then get used in a TCL/Expect script.

Cheers,

John.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: