Views
Helpful
Replies

Devnet Grails Runtime Exception

AbbasDadou
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am trying to access Cisco  Developer network and i get a Runtime exception when i try to login. I used to login to devnet with no issue. can you please help. Below please find the exception i got

Grails Runtime Exception

Error Details

Error 500: Executing action [login] of controller [com.kpi.dp.pingfederate.SSOController] in plugin [dp-cisco] caused exception: Runtime error executing action
Servlet: grails
URI: /grails/SSO/login.dispatch
Exception Message: Column 'address_id' cannot be null
Caused by: Column 'address_id' cannot be null
Class: LoginFilter
At Line: [113]
Code Snippet:

Stack Trace

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Column 'address_id' cannot be null
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1041)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4237)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4169)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2617)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2778)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2825)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2156)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2459)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2376)

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Abbas

17 Replies 17

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abbas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the error and are working on resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hi,

Do you know when this error will be corrected?  I need to access a support ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks

Here is the error i get when i try to login to DevNet:

Error 500: Executing action [login] of controller [com.kpi.dp.pingfederate.SSOController] in plugin [dp-cisco] caused exception: Runtime error executing action

Exception Message: object references an unsaved transient instance - save the transient instance before flushing: com.kpi.dp.core.company.DpCompany

Caused by: object references an unsaved transient instance - save the transient instance before flushing: com.kpi.dp.core.company.DpCompany

org.hibernate.TransientObjectException: object references an unsaved transient instance - save the transient instance before flushing: com.kpi.dp.core.company.DpCompany

at org.grails.datastore.gorm.GormStaticApi$_methodMissing_closure2.doCall(GormStaticApi.groovy:101)

at com.kpi.dp.core.company.DpCompany.getRoles(DpCompany.groovy:172)

at com.kpi.dp.core.company.DpCompanyCoreService.addRolesToCompany(DpCompanyCoreService.groovy:1595)

at GrailsMelodyGrailsPlugin$_closure4_closure16_closure17.doCall(GrailsMelodyGrailsPlugin.groovy:184)

at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateCompanyRoles(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:188)

at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:141)

at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.createCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:101)

at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.createOrUpdateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:92)

at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateUser(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:63)

at com.kpi.dp.core.user.DpSSOService.createOrUpdateUser(DpSSOService.groovy:179)

at com.kpi.dp.core.user.DpSSOService.createSSOUser(DpSSOService.groovy:143)

at com.kpi.dp.core.user.DpSSOService.loginUser(DpSSOService.groovy:54)

at GrailsMelodyGrailsPlugin$_closure4_closure16_closure17.doCall(GrailsMelodyGrailsPlugin.groovy:184)

at com.kpi.dp.pingfederate.SSOController$_closure1.doCall(SSOController.groovy:81)

at grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter.doFilter(PageFragmentCachingFilter.java:198)

at grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.AbstractFilter.doFilter(AbstractFilter.java:63)

at net.bull.javamelody.JspWrapper.invoke(JspWrapper.java:150)

at net.bull.javamelody.JdbcWrapper$DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(JdbcWrapper.java:285)

at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:202)

at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:180)

at com.kpi.dp.core.traffic.PageHitFilter.doFilter(PageHitFilter.groovy:60)

at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.ForceCompanyRegistrationFilter.doFilter(ForceCompanyRegistrationFilter.groovy:38)

at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.TcAgreeSSOFilter.doFilter(TcAgreeSSOFilter.groovy:56)

at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.TcAgreeFilter.doFilter(TcAgreeFilter.groovy:55)

at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53)

at com.kpi.dp.core.user.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.groovy:113)

at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter.java:49)

at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:82)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Patricia,

I work with DevNet development team. The DevNet development team is working on the issue. Please confirm the following info:

Cisco ID = Patricia134

email associated with Cisco ID = patricia.therrien@komutel.com

Also, have you tried to log into DevNet since Friday? I believe you have based on the timestamp of your last post.

Hi Richard,

I still face the issue since last Wednesday. I tried to login everyday since then and always got the same error. Can you please help.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Abbas

Hi Richard,

Yes i still get the error.  I tried to login one minute ago.  Yes you have the right informations.

It work as of now.

Thanks for your help

You are welcome.

Kayo Granillo

Project Manager

kgranill@cisco.com

Phone:

Cisco Systems Limited

US

Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com>

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

It works now. Thank you for your help and support

Hi Richard,

The issue occur again since yesterday. I could not login to DevNet. Can you please help.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Abbas

I am looking into this issue.

A few questions regarding the issue.

1. Can you copy the grails error and send it to me?
  2. Is NEXTLEVEL TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS-NTS a partner company with Cisco?
  3. Have you recently changed your Cisco id or email associated with your Cisco id?

Hi Richard,

Kindly find below my answers.

A few questions regarding the issue.

1. Can you copy the grails error and send it to me?

Grails Runtime Exception

Error Details

Exception Message: Column 'address_id' cannot be null
Caused by: Column 'address_id' cannot be null
Code Snippet:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Column 'address_id' cannot be null 
     at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1041)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4237)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4169)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2617)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2778)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2825)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2156)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2459)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2376)
     at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2360)
     at net.bull.javamelody.JdbcWrapper.doExecute(JdbcWrapper.java:403)
     at net.bull.javamelody.JdbcWrapper$StatementInvocationHandler.invoke(JdbcWrapper.java:128)
     at net.bull.javamelody.JdbcWrapper$DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(JdbcWrapper.java:285)
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:147)
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.createCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:109)
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.createOrUpdateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:101)
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateUser(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:63)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.user.DpSSOService.createOrUpdateUser(DpSSOService.groovy:179)
     at com.kpi.dp.pingfederate.SSOController$_closure1.doCall(SSOController.groovy:81)
     at grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter.doFilter(PageFragmentCachingFilter.java:198)
     at grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.AbstractFilter.doFilter(AbstractFilter.java:63)
     at net.bull.javamelody.JspWrapper.invoke(JspWrapper.java:150)
     at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:202)
     at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:180)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.traffic.PageHitFilter.doFilter(PageHitFilter.groovy:60)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.ForceCompanyRegistrationFilter.doFilter(ForceCompanyRegistrationFilter.groovy:38)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.TcAgreeSSOFilter.doFilter(TcAgreeSSOFilter.groovy:56)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.security.filter.TcAgreeFilter.doFilter(TcAgreeFilter.groovy:55)
     at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53)
     at com.kpi.dp.core.user.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.groovy:113)
     at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter.java:49)
     at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:82)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
  1. Is NEXTLEVEL TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS-NTS a partner company with Cisco?

Yes

1. Have you recently changed your Cisco id or email associated with your Cisco id?

No.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Abbas

Hi Richard,

Kindly any update.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Abbas

Hello I get the same error message -- is there a resolution for this?

Login: eklingman

error:

Grails Runtime Exception

Error Details

Exception Message: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object
Caused by: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object
Code Snippet:

Stack Trace

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method trim() on null object 
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.updateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:121)
     at com.kpi.dp.cisco.pdb.SppDetailsUtility.createOrUpdateCompany(SppDetailsUtility.groovy:99)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: