cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failing to echo messages sent by SDK to all Jabber clients

nyue00001
Level 1
Level 1

After sending messages using the SDK to the server, the recipients can get them immediately. However, the sent messages won’t show up in senders' Jabber clients. That’s because the SDK doesn’t support the echoing the messages (or retrieving chat history) to all clients. This is a problem because me as a sender won't know what messages I have sent and there is no way to get the whole list of chat history.

Anyone knows a solution to this problem? thanks!

1 Reply 1

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Technically, this isn't a problem.  It's a feature that is not implemented.  What I believe you are looking for is message carbons, which is described in the XEP-280 specification http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0280.html 

This specification is still in the experimental stage of the standards process, and is not implemented in Cisco IM&P or Jabber. When it is implemented in IM & Presence, it will be implemented in the Cisco Jabber clients and SDK, too. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: