cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get linestatus from CUCM with web request

tore.skancke
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to check if a list of directory numbers are busy ("off hook") and I preferably would like to do this with a web request, for example by sending a SOAP request to the Serviceability XML API. (Cisco Unified Communications Manager XML Developers Guide, Release 9.1(1) - Serviceability XML API [Cisco Unified Commun…)

As far as I can see this API only supports this in a CTI context, so an application has to have control over the line/device in order to accomplish this. I am hoping this information is possible to get directly from the CUCM (9.1) without having a TAPI/JTAPI program which controls the lines/devices.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Reg,

Tore Skancke

2 Replies 2

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tore,

The best way for your application to determine a busy status for lines is to use a CTI application which monitors the lines, as you said. I say it is the best because your application will get notified as soon as the line goes on and off hook in real time. You can use Serviceability's RisPort70 API selectCmDeviceExt to the get the status of multiple devices, but it will not tell if you the device is on or off hook.  This method will provide data on registration status, IP address, and model info. Another Serviceability API is PerfMon, however, you will only a receive counters of how many devices are off hook (CallsInProgress), not specific details of which phone is on hook.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Thank you for the answer! A CTI Application is probably the best way to do this.